Jukebox Upchuck #28


You wouldn't necessarily know it from reading my blog on a regular basis, but I'm a sucker for The Magnetic Fields. Stephin Merritt is among the best pop songwriters of the past two decades -- if not the best. Plenty of people are already familiar with 69 Love Songs, but may not have explored his more electronic back catalog. The Charm of the Highway Strip, released in 1994, is his country concept record, and probably my favorite. For a change of pace, here's a couple tunes from that record...

The Magnetic Fields – "Born on a Train"
The Magnetic Fields – "Two Characters in Search of a Country Song"

3 Comments:

Blogger Listmaker said...

i just used bonus points through my book ordering at school to get the gothic archies lemony snicket cd. good stuff. i love being able to buy indie rock through a children's book club.

2/27/2007 6:02 PM  
Blogger thenoiseboy said...

Ha! That's hilarious. Let me know how it is.

3/01/2007 3:46 PM  
Blogger thenoiseboy said...

P.S. I just heard a song from 69 Love Songs used in a dog food commercial. Fucking weird.

3/01/2007 3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home