Jukebox Upchuck #25


Dungen's new album, Tio Bitar, is dropping on May 1 in the States. A few songs have already leaked, and the rockers sound dense and heavy, more so than just about anything on the spectacular Ta Det Lugnt. As usual, the record is sung in Swedish, so we don't have to worry about how corny the lyrics may in fact be. (Just a hunch; "Ta Det Lugnt", after all, translates to "Take it easy".) None of these songs are as immediately gripping as "Panda" or "Festival", as they each have a bit more prog in their DNA. That's not too surprising, as having seen Dungen live I can testify that at the group's core, they're a prog band. (And that's fine by me, something I wouldn't have necessarily agreed with two years ago, before, for example, I first heard Andy Votel's Vertigo Mixed.) May 1 can't get here soon enough...

Dungen – "Gör Det Nu"
Dungen – "Caroline Visar Vagen"
Dungen – "Du Ska Inte Tro Att Det Ordnar Sig"

2 Comments:

Blogger Samantha said...

I remember OTC by name from the late 90's via our decent radio station here (88.5), but I guess I wasn't ready for THEM because I don't remember their sound. I like it very much...and being partial to the longer, building, psychadelica pieces, I will definitely check them out.

p.s. Are you in Chicago?

2/20/2007 6:42 PM  
Blogger Hon Don Gerard said...

"New album is dropping"?

Geez, Wolfman Jack, no "stax of wax"?

2/23/2007 11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home