Jukebox Upchuck #22


The Greenhornes' collaboration with Holly Golightly (originally from The Greenhornes' album Dual Mono*) was a perfect fit in Jim Jarmusch's Broken Flowers. I often daydream about being the lucky sort of person who gets to pick songs for soundtracks. How do I get that gig, anyway? While I ponder that, enjoy this sensational song that sounds as if it was plucked from the year 1968.

The Greenhornes – "There Is an End"

*Definitely worth tracking down, by the way; this song is a unique highlight in that it's the only one with Holly on vocals, but the entire record is great. ...Er, wait a sec, as Listmaker points out, she sings on another song on the album. That's what I get for going with my memory instead of pulling the record out. Lazy fucker.

3 Comments:

Blogger Samantha said...

Very cool! I'd heard Holly Golightly singing on one little song on a White Stripes record...I didn't investigate further, but I plan to now. Thanks!

2/14/2007 9:11 AM  
Blogger Listmaker said...

i think i like "gonna get me someone" on the same record even more. 2 songs with holly on the same lp, right? or am i going crazy?

2/14/2007 6:38 PM  
Blogger thenoiseboy said...

You're right Listmaker. I was too lazy to reference the record when I wrote that up, and I haven't listened to it in a while. Woe is me.

2/14/2007 7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home